I’m not going to sugarcoat it, but this movie sucked.
It was like a mixture of Star Wars, robots and World War II. Not a good combo. It also seemed quite off to me, not feeling like the fma series, instead feeling like it’s own little thing. Also, the villain in it was just suddenly there. She just pops up and does the whole taking over the world business. Is the villains always a new character in anime movies?
Anyways, some good stuff did come from here. Like seeing Al in his original form. That’s pretty much all I could think of.
A bit boring and a bit over the top but watch it after you watch fma so you see the official ending of the amazing 2003 anime season.
Hilo everybody! Sorry I couldn’t post in the weekend, went camping!
Anyways, I have read the whole series of Percy Jackson and the second series Heroes of Olympus. Me, being the fangirl I am, went to see “Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief,” only to be so disappointed. Nothing is like the book AT ALL.
For those of you, that have not read, seen or even heard about “The Lightning Thief” here’s a summary:
Twelve-year-old Percy Jackson is on the most dangerous quest of his life. With the help of a satyr and a daughter of Athena, Percy must journey across the United States to catch a thief who has stolen the original weapon of mass destruction – Zeus’ master bolt. Along the way, he must face a host of mythological enemies determined to stop him. Most of all, he must come to terms with a father he has never known, and an Oracle that has warned him of betrayal by a friend.
On the Youtube trailer, there was some people that was like,”Why hate the movie because of the book?” The answer to that is simple: think of the Harry Potter books and movies. Compare to that many things were kept the same and not much was changed. Yes, some scenes were taken out but that would be a forever long movie and then your butt becomes numb form seating in that exact position for too long.
Without a plot, you have no story. Changing that plot, changes the whole story. Exactly what happened with the movie. In the book, the trio, Percy, Annabeth and Grover were sent on a quest to find who stole the Zeus’ master lightning bolt. They went with the permission of Chrion and Dionysus. However, in the movie they went outside camp without the camp directors permission and the whole point was entirely different. Yes, they went to save his mother but the quest in the movie lead to a whole different point. Instead of searching for the master bolt they travel the country for pearls that THEN lead to Hades’ domain. WHAT THE HECK?!? The whole movie was to find pearls but in the book it was later given to them.
Sometimes, age doesn’t matter. In this case, yes it does. Instead of being around 12 years old, they are all already teenagers in high school. Um, what about the prophecy? Oh, in the second movie they just happen to change the whole age thing. Apparently, just because they wanted it to fit a certain age group, they needed older actors and couldn’t stick to the original. In Harry Potter, they used the EXACT same actors(except Dumbledore). Why couldn’t they do that? I don’t know but I really wish they had.
Oh, the ending. I just hate that stupid ending. Instead of the god of war, Ares, stealing the bolt it was Hades. They changed the whole ‘villain’ of this story. Also, Grover wasn’t supposed to stay in the Underworld, instead they had to leave Sally, Percy’s mother, there.
Since not everything can be in a little category as above, here’s a list of everything else, not in order. Most of things listed down below, is just kinda the main things.
1) Percy was in a private school that was not close to his house, not in a public school a walk away.
2) It never showed the Fates which become very important in the last book(if the movies even goes this far).
3) Book Chiron and Grover pretended that they didn’t know what happened with Mrs. Dodds. Movie Chiron and Grover acted instantly on Percy’s safety and forced him to immediately go to Camp Half-Blood.
4) They know who Percy’s father is after Capture the Flag. Not before with some weird instinct that Poseidon is his father.
5) Annabeth is blonde and does not show any romantic feelings towards Percy yet.
6) Nobody in camp ever wore the Camp Half-Blood t-shirt
7) The cabins are supposed to have all the children from the same god/goddess but if you looked Annabeth and Luke were the only ones living in their cabins. Annabeth and Luke have a lot of siblings so why is it empty?
8) Demigods are not supposed to have technology because it attracts monsters. So why was Luke playing Modern Warfare? Yes, he was evil and all but didn’t anyone ever go inside? Also, why does Percy have an iPod? If his mom knows that his powerful godly smell will attar many monsters shouldn’t she know about technology attraction?
9) The winged shoes that Luke gave them. Those magical flying converse were activated when they were in the Underworld. Not when they needed to fly on top of Athena’s statue(which didn’t even happen in the book) and to fight against Luke.
10) Yes, a good action movie is good with well, action. But not everything goes like,’talk, run, FIGHT, talk again, funny scene, FIGHT, FIGHT,FIGHT’ The ending with Luke was to me just too much.
11) Oracle never appeared…will Rachel ever make an appearance?
So yup thats basically all those main things. Thanks you reading!